International Pacific Research Center (IPRC), University of Hawaii
Address: 1680 East-West Rd., POST Bldg. 409P, Honolulu, HI 96822, USA
• Ph. D. (2007-2012), Institute of Atmospheric Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
• B. S. (2003-2007), Nanjing University of Information and Science Technology
• Postdoctoral Fellow (2012-present), International Pacific Research Center, University of Hawaii
Areas of Expertise
• Monsoon dynamics
• Climate predictability and prediction
• Climate extremes
• Model evaluation
1. Juan Li, Bin Wang. How predictable is the anomaly pattern of the Indian summer rainfall? Climate Dynamics, doi:10.1007/s00382-015-2735-6. (2015)
2. Juan Li, Wenjie Dong, Zhongwei Yan. Changes of climate extremes of temperature and precipitation in summer in eastern China associated with changes in atmospheric circulation in East Asia during 1960-2008. Chinese Science Bulletin, 57(15),1856-1861. (2012)
3. Wang, Bin, Baoqiang Xiang, Juan Li, Peter. J. Webster, M. Rajeevan, Jian Liu, and Kyung-Ja Ha. Rethinking Indian monsoon rainfall prediction in the context of recent global warming, Nature Communication, 6, 7154. (2015)
4. Jian Cao, Bin Wang, Baoqiang Xiang, Juan Li, Tianjie Wu, Xiuhua Fu, Liguang Wu, and Jinzhong Min. Major modes of short-term climate variability in a newly developed NUIST Earth System Model (NESM). Adv. Atmos. Sci., 32(5), 585-600. (2015).
5. Fu, X., W. Wang, J.-Y. Lee, B. Wang, K. Kikuchi, J. Xu, J. Li, and S. Weaver. Distinctive Roles of Air-Sea Coupling on Different MJO Events: A New Perspective Revealed from the DYNAMO/CINDY Field Campaign. Mon. Wea. Rev., 143 (3), 794-812. (2015)
6. Xiang, B., B. Wang, J. Li, M. Zhao, and J.-Y. Lee. Understanding the anthropogenically forced change of equatorial Pacific trade winds in coupled climate models. J. Climate, 27 (22), 8510-8526, doi:10.1175/JCLI-D-14-00115.1. (2014).
7. Jing Peng, Wenjie Dong, Wenping Yuan, Jieming Chou, Yong Zhang and Juan Li. Effects of increased CO2 on land water balance from 1850 to 1989. Theoretical and Applied Climatology, 111(3), 483-495. (2013)
8. Li, J., B. Wang, and Y.-M. Yang: Retrospective seasonal prediction of summer monsoon rainfall over West Central and Peninsular India in the past 142 years. Clim. Dyn., DOI 10.1007/s00382-016-3225-1
9. Li J., Z. Zhu, and W. Dong: A new mean-extreme vector for the trends of temperature and precipitation over China during 1960-2013. Meteor. Atmos. Phys., DOI 10.1007/s00703-016-0464-y.
10. Li, J., Z. Zhu, and W. Dong: Assessing the uncertainty of CESM-LE in simulating the trends of mean and extreme temperature and precipitation over China. Int. J. Climatol., DOI: 10.1002/joc.4837