Dr. Young-Min Yang
• Affiliation: International Pacific Research Center (IPRC), University of Hawaii
• Address: 1680 East West Rd., POST Bldg., 412, Honolulu, HI 96822, USA
• Telephone: 808-9565575
• Email: email@example.com
• 2007-2014 - Ph.D., Program of Computational Science and Technology, Seoul National University, South Korea.
Supervisor: Prof. In-Sik Kang
• 1999-2000 - M.S., Regional System Engineering, Seoul National University, South Korea.
• 1993-1998 - B.S., Regional System Engineering, Seoul National University, South Korea.
• Development of Climate models with Cloud Microphysics and Unified Scheme
• Global Monsoon and MJO simulation
• Climate sensitive by aerosol forcing and global warming
• 2014.07-present Postdoc research fellow in IPRC, University of Hawaii (supervised by Prof. Bin Wang)
• 2014.03-.06 Postdoc research fellow in UNITST, South Korea
• Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmospheres and Oceans
• Dynamics of Atmospheres and Oceans
Publications (peer-reviewed) (SCI: 7)
Li, J., B. Wang, and Y.-M. Yang, in press: Retrospective seasonal prediction of summer monsoon rainfall over West Central and Peninsular India in the past 142 years. Clim. Dyn., IPRC-1199.
Kand, I-S, Y-M, Yang and M-S Ahn, 2016:A GCM with cloud microphysics and its MJO simulation, Geoscience Letters (Accepted)
Kim, H., S. M. Kang, Y.-T. Hwang, and Y.-M. Yang, 2015: Sensitivity of the climate response to the altitude of black carbon in the northern subtropics in an aquaplanet GCM. J. Climate, 28, 6351–6359, doi:10.1175/JCLI-D-15-0037.1.
Kang, I.-S., Y.-M. Yang, and W.-K. Tao, 2015: GCMs with implicit and explicit representation of cloud microphysics for simulation of extreme precipitation frequency. Clim. Dyn., 45 (1‐2), 325-335, doi:10.1007/s00382-014-2376-1.
Tao, W.-K., S. Lang, X. Zeng, X. Li, T. Matsui, K. Mohr, D. Posselt, J. Chern, C. Peters-Lidard, P. Norris, I.-S. Kang, I. Choi, A. Hou, K.-M. Lau, and Y.-M. Yang, 2014: The Goddard Cumulus Ensemble model (GCE): Improvements and applications for studying precipitation processes. Atmos. Res., 143, 392-424, doi:10.1016/j.atmosres.2014.03.005.
Yang, Y.-M., I.-S. Kang, and M. Almazroui, 2014: A mass flux closure function in a GCM based on the Richardson number. Clim. Dyn., 42 (5‐6), 1129-1138, doi:10.1007/s00382-014-2079-7.
Kang, I.-S., F. Liu, M.-S. Ahn, Y.-M. Yang, and B. Wang, 2013: Role of SST structure on convectively coupled Kelvin-Rossby waves and its implication on MJO formation. J. Climate, 26 (16), 5915-5930, doi:10.1175/JCLI-D-12-00303.1.
Yang, Y.-M., I.-S. Kang, J.-H. Yoo, and K.H. Ahn, 2004: Analysis of Economical and Social Impact of Meteorological Information. J. Korean. Meteorol. Soc., 4, 159-175. (in Korean)